Can I Give You $500 In Free Gifts?
22 Free Ebooks With Amazing Free Affiliate Bootcamp Video Course
On WordPress web hosting alone, there are over 67 million blogs worldwide. That’s a lot of blogs. If you’re going to make yours a success while competing against the millions of other blogs, you have to learn to grow. After getting down the basics, take your blog to the next level with these simple tips.
Spice Up Your Design
The first thing that readers see when they visit your blog is the site’s design, which makes it the most crucial aspect of a first-impression. With this, you want to portray a certain image related to your niche, whether it’s a professional, humorous, friendly or entertaining image. Use these tips to improve your design:
- Buy your own domain name.
- Design your graphics and color schemes to match the image that you want to portray.
- Make your blog readable, easy to scan and easy on the eyes.
- Limit your widgets and ads.
- Create your own favicon.
Make a Video
Image via Flickr by jsawkins
Many bloggers limit themselves to just text and images, but you can take your blog one step farther and use videos. For example, if you have a cooking blog, don’t just give someone a typed-up recipe. Make a video that shows different cooking techniques to give your followers a visual to learn from.
Download Blogging Mobile Apps
With mobile apps, you can stay on top of your blog with your BlackBerry z10 smartphone while on-the-go. Create posts, track your stats and reply to comments. Consider these useful blogging apps:
- Your web host likely offers an app that will let you take care of your blog while you’re out and about.
- Track your stats better with a Google Analytics account, and check your page views, unique visitors and more while away from your computer with gAnalytics.
- If you’re making money with your blog, keep track of your estimated earnings and clicks with the AdSense app.
- To stay connected with your blog followers, download social media apps such as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+.
Focus on Quality
Image via Flickr by beta75.se
Now that you have several posts published and have your blog up and going, you need to focus on producing quality content. Without this, you could do everything else right and still lose a great deal of readers unless you produce something of value. Give your readers what they want, whether that’s a humorous article, business tips, new recipe ideas or interesting facts.
Build Relationships With Other Bloggers
Building a relationship with other bloggers helps you expand your readership, create more back links through comments and increase your overall blog success. Use these tips to connect with other bloggers:
- Join blogging groups and forums, such as the Blogging Mastermind Comment Tribe on Facebook.
- Comment on other blogs.
- Invite guest authors to post on your site, or seek out your own guest blogging opportunities.
- Send emails.
- Follow other blogs on social media sites.
Even if you’re not a beginner blogger, using these tips can help you build a better blog. Don’t be afraid to head beyond the basics and take your blog to the next level.