Benefits of SEO as a Freelance Profession
It looks like everyone wants to have own site these days. When it comes to business, online presence is a must! In fact, every company, be it a small neighborhood business or a huge corporation, needs a website, sometimes more than one. However, very few organizations need websites just for representative purposes (line web based business cards with contact details). The majority of businesses need online presence to make money and look for customers. In other words, they want use the site as a tool to look for more clients and consequently earn more money. One needs to understand that just creating a nice website is useless unless it appeared at least in the TOP 20 for targeted keywords. This is where SEO specialists come into play.
Perhaps, every site owner is happy to see it in Google’s TOP-3, irrespectively of site goals. Traffic is easily converted into money. However, today, it is not easy to make it all the way to search engines top. Lots of amateurs try to optimize a website in terms of SEO without competent assistance. As a result, such sites fall into Google’s disgrace, for instance, for keyword overspamming or publishing backlinks at poor quality sites. So, SEO specialists started getting much more job, and they seems to get even more tasks in the coming years.
It is not a secret that Google went crazy these days with its Panda and penguin updates. Unknowledgeable folks have no idea how to restore position in this search engine, while seasoned SEO expert might have a few aces in the sleeve. Good SEO freelancers face no risks of becoming unemployed. Down the page are key benefits of working as a freelance SEO professional:
- Money. SEO services are expensive. If you are a good SEO expert you know something other people do not. Since search engine optimization services imply consulting the pay can be per project or hourly. For instance, you take a website to Google’s top 10 for targeted keywords and get your money. Alternatively, you get per hour pay. Anyway, this is good money, especially when optimization implies changes in the website itself, article marketing strategies etc. On top of that, many companies hire freelancers permanently, i.e. sign a contract or maintain long term business relationships. A few good customers may besiege you with work, and of course money.
- Lots of new sites emerge online every day. This means there will be more work for SEO experts like you. Information spreads quickly, so many potential customers may learn about your services through forums, social media etc. Also, your customers may recommend you to colleagues and friends who may also want their sites to be well optimized in terms of SEO.
- Lots of specialized communities. SEO gurus tend to get together at forums and discuss what to expect from Google and other search engines. You are not alone there. So, when having a problem or any question, post it to a popular SEO forum to get dozens of expert opinions. This is how webmasters learn.
- Often, site owners offer % from potential revenue the website can earn once it tops Google. So, a SEO expert may get a steady passive income from websites generating revenues from advertising, selling products and services or affiliate programs.
- SEO is the key element of the entire online business. Of course, there are companies that do not need to do anything to be in Google’s top since customers are looking for their products anyway. However, lots of sites and companies need SEO assistance. Gone are the days when having a website was the ultimate dream. Today, a website has value if it has traffic.
- Work from any place on this planet. You can be physically located in virtually any part of the world. Can you picture yourself this: Thailand or Cuba, you’re sitting with a laptop and enjoying ocean’s views? That is totally possible if you are a seasoned SEO specialist who knows how to take sites all the way up in search engines rankings.
On top of that, SEO is the “science” that can be mastered at home. No universities and school offer such education. Instead, there are plenty of webinars and other online events offering great training programs for aspiring SEO managers.
Come on! Do not hesitate! Work your way to Google’s TOP-1 position!
Author Bio: Kim Reynolds Kim is an in-house writer working for the company http://www.writemyessay4me.com providing writing assistance for students and business professionals.