How To Make $3,493 Commissions Without Doing Any Selling
Hello there! First of all, I would like to thank Jay for allowing me to post this article on his blog. I promise I will try to make it as short as possible and get straight to the point. But before that, I would like to just introduce myself to you and let you know who I am.
I am no guru, and you’ve most probably never even heard of me before, but what I want to do is help people who are still struggling to make a few extra bucks per month just like I have done on many occasions. A little money here and a little money there could make you earn a full time income.
But don’t get me wrong, this guide is by no means going to make you a millionaire lol. Far away from that; otherwise, I would have charged for it
Well, here goes: my name is Houda Mataame (now Kismet after getting married). I have been in the online marketing game for over 6 years now trying and failing. However, now I am, or at least I like to think that I am on the right path. 2014 has been the year I made the most money and I would like to share what worked for me or at least some of it in this short guide. You can find more information about who I am on my blog. Please check: http://thedotcomgal.com/about-me/ for more information if you like By the way, I did buy that camera I was hoping to buy!
Ok now let’s get right into it shall we!
WHAT ARE CPL OR PPL PROGRAMS?
So what is CPL or PPL? CPL stands for Cost Per Lead and PPL stands for Pay Per Lead. They are programs where you get paid somewhere between $0.50 and up to $3.00 or $4.00 just for bringing a lead to someone.
A lead is basically a person who subscribes to their list through your traffic. That’s it! You are helping someone build their list and in return, they are paying you for every lead you send. Some programs pay for single opt-in leads and some pay for double opt-in.
A single opt-in lead is when someone enters their name and email without having to confirm their email address. A double opt-in is when a person needs to click on the link in the confirmation email.
I personally have tried both. Double opt-in CPL programs obviously pay more, but in my experience, people are pretty lazy. They can’t be bothered to go to their inbox and click the link to confirm it. Maybe it’s just my experience, but this is what I noticed. I had more success with single opt-ins. I will give you a complete list of the ones I am part of and more details shortly.
I am not talking about Clicksure of course. The ones I will be introducing you to are private programs owned by people who want to build their lists.
There are PPL programs in all sorts of niches, but in this e-book, I will only talk about Internet Marketing and Bizopp niches as these are the ones that I have tried and had success with.
Once you get into the PPL programs, before you get all excited and start applying for their programs, you must note a few things:
- Do NOT spam!!!! VERY IMPORTANT!!!
- Don’t buy Fiverr traffic! You will get banned.
- If you have an active subscribers list, use it to send the traffic.
Now, let’s discuss a few traffic methods you can use to promote these offers.
Image courtesy of Stuart Miles at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
- Send your list a broadcast with these offers as bonuses.
- Once your subscribers opt in, you can put the offers banners on your Thank You page.
- Put your PPL affiliate links in your follow up messages.
- If you don’t have a list:
- Free Promotion Methods:
- Facebook Groups:
Join as many Facebook groups as you can within your niche and start posting. Please don’t spam. Here’s what you do:
After that, the results will look like this:
All you need to do is just request to join these groups. Notice that you will see “suggested groups” on the right side. You can join those too. Once you’re accepted in the groups, you can start networking a little bit before you post your ads. Make sure that the groups allow ads before you start posting. That’s it! To make your post stand out, try to use images as much as you can to make them look nicer. I have included a sample ad copy for Facebook in the download area.
- Craigslist: Post ads related to your offer, but don’t spam. The key here is to NEVER post any links in your ad copy on Craigslist. Always make sure to make your call of action something like: “if you are interested, please reply to this ad”. Never put a link; that’s how accounts get banned and ads get flagged. Without link in your ad copy, your Craigslist ad is 100% safe. I have included a sample copy that you can model after in the downloads area.
- Forums: as you know, forum marketing is one of the oldest methods and yet it still works as it is highly targeted traffic. Again, don’t spam. If the forum allows affiliate links in your signature, then you can use it. Otherwise, direct your visitors to a review article on your blog and from there invite them to sign up for the PPL offer.
- If you have a blog, put a banner on your sidebar. That should bring you enough traffic if your website has decent traffic.
- Comment on other people’s blogs. I can’t stress this enough but please don’t spam. Write long meaningful comments that can benefit the community, and then direct them to your PPL offer.
- Instagram: style=”font-family: Cambria, serif;”> I am not sure if you’re aware, but Instagram has become one of the most powerful social media networks out there. Instagram has become a necessity for online marketers. If you have a large following, you can just post to them and direct them to click on the link in your bio. It’s instant traffic. If you’re not using Instagram yet or you’re wondering how to build a large following and leverage its traffic, I highly recommend you check out This Course by Mehdi Tihani.
- Paid Promotion Methods:
- Solo ads. Nothing is more targeted than solo ads. Whenever I buy a solo ad for PPL programs, I make a profit of at least 70%. You must choose your solo sellers carefully of course. My favorite place to find solo ads is: Udimy. There you can find different sellers and the good thing is that you can see true feedback from actual buyers. My favorite guy there is John Coburn. His traffic is high quality and I am a repeat buyer.
- Banner ads. My favorite place to buy banner ads is the Warrior Forum. It is a little pricey ($50 to $100 per day), but it’s totally worth it. I made a profit every single time using their ad space.
Other places you could advertise your banner is digitalpoint.com. Their platform is based on CPM (cost per thousand impressions), but it is not very high quality. Remember that some of these PPL pay you for sales, so the better the traffic, the better your commissions will be.
- Opt-Intelligence: This is a paid solo ad service that I really like too. However, what makes it different from normal solo ads is that you pay for opt-ins, not for clicks. The opt-in quality is average to good. You normally pay an average of $0.50 per opt-in. So if your CPL program pays you $1 or $1.50, you’re already in profit. There’s a great course on this too that shows you how to create campaigns and how to use this site. You can check it out here.
So you see now how you can easily make $350 to $400 per week just promoting other people’s PPL programs. Here’s a quick calculation: let’s take Facebook groups as an example. Let’s say you are a member of 50 groups and you post only 2 PPL offers on each group every day, let’s say both offers pay you $0.50. In my experience, I get at least one sign up from each group whenever I post there. Sometimes, you can talk to the group admin and ask them to pin your post for one day. I did it many times, some of them are really nice and they will do it for you. So let’s go back to the calculation:
- 50 groups
- 2 offers per group – payout: $0.50
- 1 sign up per offer x 2= $1.00 per group
- $1.00 x 50 groups: $50 per day!
- $50 x 7 days (one week) = $350
And that’s just with Facebook groups. Imagine if you use all the promotion methods I mentioned above? You could be making a killing with this!
For the sake of all the spamming that happens with CPL programs, I have decided to not put the list of programs on this post. You can download it by clicking here. There, you can have a PDF version of this guide, the list of the CPL programs I use as well as samples of Craigslist and Facebook ad copies you can model after.
I hope you have enjoyed this post. Once again, I’d like to thank Jay for letting me guest post on his blog. Please don’t forget to download the list of CPL programs by clicking here.
I’d love to hear your thoughts and comments. Also, if you have experience with CPL programs, please share your thoughts below too Thanks for reading.