How Social Networks Can Help You Find Your Childhood Classmates

Please follow and like us:
Liquid Web Managed Word PressHow Social Networks Can Help You Find Your Childhood Classmates Classmates

classmates old picsHow Social Networks Can Help You Find Your Childhood Classmates

We use Facebook, Google+, and similar sites for so many reasons, from sharing news stories, to posting personal photos, to playing games, that we often forget one of the biggest reasons why social networking sites were created in the first place.As hard as this is to believe, we actually forget sometimes how social networks can help you find your childhood classmates.

A Cornerstone of Social Networking

Finding old classmates might be an on cornerstone of social networking, but did you know that it’s really the origin of social networking itself? As hard as this is to believe, social networking is a nearly twenty-year-old concept. It began in 1995 with the creation of The site continues to this day, and its basic concept remains the same. It’s still a place for classmates from elementary, high school and college to rediscover each other after years apart.

Over the years, other, more expansive social networking sites have emerged. Facebook, Google+, are just a couple of the different ways in which people connect, play games, share information, watch videos, listen to music and many other possibilities. There are so many different things we can do on social networking sites. We sometimes lose sight of the fact that it is still the best way possible to get in touch with childhood classmates.

Getting Back In Touch With Old Classmates

Facebook is a good example of a great means of getting back in touch with old classmates. There are Facebook groups for colleges, high schools, and even elementary schools. You can even search according to schools, and anyone listed with the school is going to come up in your search. And if none of those methods work, you can always just search for a name or location. Google+ functions in the same way, and the same can be said for just about social networking site out there.

Revisiting Old Friends

The opportunity to reconnect with old classmates, revisit old times, and perhaps even develop a new friendship is an appealing one. Social networking allows us to do this at our own speed. We can start with a simple message, and it can go from there into whatever direction we want.

Social networking continues to change in dramatic, exciting ways, but the ability to reach out to old friends, former co-workers and old classmates isn’t likely to change anytime soon. The option will always be there for us.

Roman Sahakov runs Frozzo Social Media Marketing Company. He thinks 90% of your problems can be solved by marketing.  Solving the other 10% just requires good procrastination skills.

How Social Networks Can Help You Find Your Childhood Classmates Classmates
Please follow and like us:
Scroll to Top