This Is My Honest Review Of Hubpages From A 4 Plus Year User, So Please Read Before You Make A Decision On Using Them.
I decided to write this post for the newbies that are out there, so I can keep you on the right track in your money making journey. By following my tips you can save a lot of time, by guiding you in the right direction, so you can start earning some money online. You really need to read this review and see what I have to say about hubpages. It may open your eyes a bit!
Why? I been there, and done that!
So Can You Make Money Using Hubpages? YES, But Mostly No! ( Here’s Why )
Back in the day hubpages was extremely popular, and thousands of people would go there on a daily basis to publish hubs.
Why? The hubs you published on hubpages ranked very well in the search engines a few years back. You could promote related affiliate products, you could build your mailing list, you could add Google adsense, and Kontera ads to monetize your hubs to their fullest potential.
In total, you could monetize your hubs through hubpages about 5 different ways. A few years back it was actually worth your time to publish high quality hubs, and try to get them to rank highly on the search engines, so you can make some extra spending cash.
What Changed? And Why Hubpages Is Not Very User Friendly Nowadays?
Enter Google Panda And The Smack Down On Content Farm Sites Like Hubpages!
Google rolled out one of it’s biggest updates ever called Google panda which penalized a lot of sites like Hubpages, Squidoo, and Ezinearticles, just to name a few, for saturating the Internet with what they considered low quality content.
The result of the Google panda update was these sites lost a ton of traffic that they had built up throughout the years. The income that they were generating took a nose dive, so changes were made to restore order post panda. Hubpages had to try to build back up what they had lost post panda, so big changes were made!
Here Are A Few Of The Changes That Were Made On Hubpages Post Panda That Affect The User
- You can no longer promote affiliate links in your hubs ( Very bad for you! )
- You can not link to a landing page or sales page ( No listbuilding, very bad for you! )
- No low quality or promotional content ( In laymans terms it means no advertising whatsoever unless Ebay, or Amazon! )
- You cannot publish hubs on topics that are oversaturated! ( Most of the niches that are profitable are oversaturated! )
Here Is Hubpages T.O.S. In Their Words!
Your link may be prohibited if:
* It is in a subject area containing a high proportion of low quality or promotional content
* It contains squeeze pages, lead capture forms, and/or eBook sales pages
* It contains pop-ups or pop-unders that interfere with site navigation or redirect users to unwanted websites
*It links to any of the above Your Hub has been unpublished ( Please waste your time some more and republish! ) I made the last part up lol but it is so true!
Yadda, Yadda, Yadda!
My Personal Results With Hubpages
In the past 3 to 4 years I had published over 100 hubs through hubpages ( 99% Pre- Panda ) as of today I have a grand total of 11 live. So I lost 89 hubs plus, with more to come in the future! No big deal for me, I stopped using Hubpages consistently a few years back.
I got wise!
It would not be worth my time to go into my hubpages control panel, and take out all the hubs that I had monetized, and change all my links ( Way to time consuming, and not enough money nowadays to make this effort worthwhile! ).
Alternatives I Recommend To Newbies Who Are Thinking About Building Hubpages Business Up Some More. Stop Making Them More Money For Your Blood, Sweat, And Eventually Tears. ( If You Are – Hubpages Thanks You For Your Efforts! )
- First step is building up your business not someone else’s first!
- Start your own self hosted WordPress blog and always publish your content to your own blog, or website first.
- Build an email list so you can capture your blogs visitors and eventually turn them into paying customers. Tip: Make sure you treat your subscribers like Gold!
- Start a blog in a niche that is profitable, and one that you are passionate about!
- Do not be afraid to learn from someone who is making good money on the Internet ( A Mentor ) by investing in a course that could cut your learning curve big time.
My recommendations are my course https://jaysonlinereviews.com/bloggingformoneytrainingcourse and the Google Sniper course which is also perfect for newbies.
I would love to hear your reviews below. What are your experiences with Hubpages, or web 2.0 sites in general nowadays?