In this eye-opening question and answer post, I am going to answer your question is there any risk in affiliate marketing in great depth and detail and show you all the risks involved with affiliate marketing based on my 15 years of experience as a profitable affiliate marketer.
I am also going to leave you a link to my free risk-free affiliate marketing training course that will show you step by step in great detail how to become an affiliate marketer and make your first sales online.
Without further ado let me answer your question in great detail is there any risk in affiliate marketing and you can decide if affiliate marketing is the right business model for you?
Let’s dive in and find out if there is any risk in affiliate marketing.
Table of Contents
Is There Any Risk In Affiliate Marketing? You Asked, We Answered!
The risk with affiliate marketing is basically zero risk because you are just trading your time for money in the hopes of getting affiliate commissions for the products that you choose to promote.
The only risk in affiliate marketing when starting out is you can be just wasting a lot of your precious time and energy if you are not doing affiliate marketing right.
Trust me when I say that I have been there and done that and it is definitely not fun!
But as far as monetary value goes the risk of affiliate marketing is super low and the barrier to entry is super low to boot because of that.
Because there is no risk in affiliate marketing and affiliate marketing has a low barrier to entry lot of competition has sprung up in recent years.
But the good news surrounding the affiliate marketing industry is the competition in affiliate marketing will be virtually nonexistent if you are doing affiliate marketing properly, so no need to worry about that.
Affiliate marketing is low risk and the industry as a whole is expected to grow rapidly in the coming years. as you can see from this useful chart about affiliate marketing statistics.
Here Is How The Low-Risk Affiliate Marketing Business Model Works In A Nutshell
Affiliate marketing is promoting other people’s products and services on the Internet in a wide variety of ways which we will discuss more below.
When someone clicks on your affiliate link and buys said product or service then you receive an affiliate commission.
Affiliate marketing is basically a pay-for-performance type business model where you get paid only for driving sales to a vendor’s sales page.
There is no risk for the vendor and no risk for you the affiliate marketer.
Affiliate marketing is risk-free if you plan on doing everything for free at the beginning which you can.
I did it for FREE for years which was a blessing because I did learn a lot but it was also very stupid because I was being cheap and should have invested in myself a lot sooner and I actually would have made a lot more money in my first few years and saved myself a bunch of valuable time and energy in the process to boot.
On the flip side, there are things I do recommend you do that are low-cost investments into your new affiliate marketing business that can help your business grow a lot faster which I will explain below.
You can check out my recommendations on my affiliate marketing resources page for some ideas about the tools I use inside my affiliate marketing business.
Let’s dive into some of the low costs risks of affiliate marketing for you if you are serious about building a long-term affiliate marketing business in your spare time.
Some Of The Low-Cost Risks Of Affiliate Marketing Include:
- Paying for low-cost webhosting which is literally peanuts and is under $10 a month in 99/100 cases. [ Pricing depends on web hosts but all pretty similar ]
- Buying an affiliate marketing course which is not mandatory but can cut years off your learning curve so highly recommended.
- Time spent creating blog posts with zero traffic for your efforts if you do not know how to do it properly.
- Time spent posting on social media is one of the risks of affiliate marketing if it takes up too much of your valuable time.
- Time wasted pulling your hair out yelling at your computer because you see another goose egg inside your Clickbank account.
- The risk of your parents, friends and family saying you are just wasting your time and energy is priceless! Do not worry you will get the last laugh in the end:) if you do it right and are a hard worker.
- Another low-cost risk of affiliate marketing is your work today can pay off for years from now. Example: You create a blog post about something and it ends up ranking #1 on Google for the keywords you were targeting and that blog post drives free organic traffic from Google to you for free for years bringing you in potentially a lot of affiliate revenue in the process.
Should You Dive into The Low-Risk Business Model Of Affiliate Marketing?
Yes, yes, and one more yes for good measure if you have these qualities.
- A good work ethic affiliate marketing is not for the lazy just like any other business you have to put the work in.
- You are self sufficient and can get things done without someone telling you you have to do it.
- You like a good challenge.
- You like the idea of working for yourself and not placing any barriers to your potential income.
- You enjoy being on the Internet and helping people make buying decisions or answering questions on stuff you know a lot about.
- You enjoy figuring stuff out and trying to beat out the competition for top Google rankings and more affiliate commissions in your pockets.
If you do not have these qualities then affiliate marketing may not be right for you keep looking for another online business model that may be a better fit for you.
No, no, and one more no for good measure if you have these poor character flaws and qualities then you should not learn about affiliate marketing it is far too risky for this personality type.
Affiliate Marketing Can Be Risky And Waste A Lot Of Yout Time If You Have These Qualities
- You’re lazy and unmotivated and have the work ethic of a dead person
- Do you think Netflix should be a new food group?
- You play video games constantly like a crackhead looking for his next fix.
- You hate learning! Heck, you did that in high school you’re done.
- You hate the possibility of bettering yourself. [ God forbid your parents are proud of you ]
- You think exercise is too much work you like being fat n sloppy.
- You think the internet is a passing fad and no one makes money online which is impossible and have the mentality of s ground tortoise.
- You would like to work on your affiliate marketing business once per year as your new year’s resolution.
- If you want to smoke weed and drink beer all day you have no time to better yourself or your future.
So ask yourself this question once again? Is there any risk in affiliate marketing? There is low risk with affiliate marketing if you have the positive qualities above and if you have the negative other qualities I stated above then you better look for another line of work.
Affiliate marketing would be way too risky for you.
I hope I answered your question inside this blog post and you now know if there is any risk in affiliate marketing once and for all based on my 15 years of experience as an affiliate marketer.
Be sure to grab my free course but only if you passed my test above:)
See you on the inside;