Tips on How to Promote your Website for Free ( Marketing Your Blog Or Website free )
If you wish to see your website at the top of Google, it’s not necessary to spend lot of money on SEO services which will cost upwards of a few thousand dollars per month. It is not even necessary to hire a freelance guru or take a promising webmaster training course. As soon as you possess some basic skills, even 1-2 hours will be enough for a successful promotion of your website. Beyond doubt, this is even less than you would spend daily on the World of Warcraft for you gamers out there and is more exciting than staring at new Facebook friend statuses.
Now let’s define the necessary skills for a SEO apprentice. Reading and writing abilities (yep, the hardest one), a strong desire to analyze and use the new knowledge in practice. Have an IQ of average level or more? seems like I haven’t missed anything? A PC and Internet connection needed too, but I like the idea to go to the nearest bar with the Wi-Fi available and having myself a couple of Heinekens while working.
And now to business.
The best option is when you start thinking about website promotion before buying a domain name and filling the website with quality unique content. Following is a step-by-step scheme for the successful website promotion of your sites:
Tips On How To Promote Your Website For Free
- Analyze your business and topic. Think about the words typed by people in the search, when they are looking for the information, product or service that you offer. There’s a nice thing called the Google Keyword Tool, it gives information about number of search requests in a selected topic, and region. Choose everything that relates too your website like keyword phrases someone would type into the search engines looking for your website, or blog. Then go after the buying keyword phrases if possible with little competition that you can rank highly for. ( Low competition and highly searched ) This is a very effective tip on promoting your website or blog for free and it works wonders.
- Select the domain name. From one side, keyword in url is an important factor of ranking, but from another side a sounding domain name is much better remembered. An ideal option is to creatively write your keyword, so that the domain would sound really nice and memorable.
- Write the content. The main rule – it should be done so that no one would think that it was written for the search engine, even though it was. Because no matter how cool your write, there is no point in placing this on the website if no one can even read it. Remember, only the most meticulous person will scroll further than the first page of search results. There is no single rule, but you should definitely think about the text of 500 words or more, that contains keywords and gives an answer for the client’s query better that your competitors websites.
- Create Meta tags for all the pages – Unique for each. Make title, description and keywords. Again, existence of keyword is very important. Title and description are what the client sees in the search results, and they should be written to make that person want to click on them.
- Install Google Webmaster Tool and Google Analytics. These are wonderful service from Google – first one will detect existing problems of your website and make recommendations on how to solve them. With it you can create a site map and submit it for the consideration – this will speed up the indexing process. The second is probably the best free web statistics service. Already in a week or two you will see your website climbing up to the top. Depending on the level of competition in the selected niche, and the quality of written content. Only performing the above steps can help to occupy the desired place in the search results. But you shouldn’t stop. Try to get as many links to your website as possible from all the available sources. The main selection criteria: the website on which you plan to place a link should have traffic and not contain any prohibited content. If your content and service are oriented on English-speaking people, you shouldn’t get links at sites from countries like Bangladesh, which are written on their local language – everything has to look natural in the eyes of Google and other search engines.
- Add a website to your local business listings – Ask your friends to click on like in Facebook and plus in Google. Tweet about your website to everyone. Ask all the friends who keep a blog to write review on your website, make sure that it contains the link with a keyword. The more – the better. The desired top spot in Google already has to be as close as ever. Still out of the Top 10? Look for the websites and blogs relevant to your topic, propose an exchange – you write an article for them, and they place a link to your website. If your niche is not a leasing in New York or online sale of medicine – you should already see the flow of traffic to your website and register first orders, and it has been only one or two months. Beyond doubt, each step requires a more detailed consideration. You will definitely need assistance from guys from SEOmoz and SEObook, as well as other respected sources (remember I told that good website promotion will require some reading).
Working independently will help to control all the aspects of your website and eliminate the risk of external influence. Responsibility and independence are the attributes of a wealthy, prosperous person. Thousands of people all over the world become successful in their online projects. If you have a strong desire to realize the project at hand, are ready to learn, and if you have enough motivation to sit down and actually do it – You too will also become successful.
- Author box: David Madisson from the Write My Paper Co Inc. – the author of “How Do I Cite Sources and “http://www.writemypapers.org/write-my-thesis.html“>Do My Thesis?”Library tutorials.
Good luck promoting your website I hope these tips helped!